Parents are taught many things during classes. The massage procedure involves a combination of Swedish, Indian, Yoga and Reflexology strokes.
How to read their baby’s nonverbal cues. Other issues of importance to new parents such as feeding, settling, sleeping and development can be discussed informally. The group can be a wealth of information and support for these issues, as well as parents interacting, relaxing and having an enjoyable time.
A typical session is conducted sitting on the floor, dimmed lights, soft soothing music being played. Participants begin the session with a brief deep breathing and relaxation period to get ‘ready’ to do massage.
The instructor models the strokes on dolls whilst parents practice on their infants. By the end of 5 two-hour classes over 5 weeks, parents will have the necessary skills to give their infant a total body massage. The whole bonding process is strengthened because you cannot massage your babies and be removed from them. By learning to read your baby’s cues and closely watching your baby, parents have more positive encounters with their infants.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN FROM A CLASS
- The benefits of infant massage
- Preparing for infant massage
- The best time and how long for massage
- Massage oils
- Complete body massage routine (legs, feet, abdomen, chest, arms and hands, face, back)
- Relaxation techniques (resting hands, touch relaxation, containment holds.)
CHOOSE A CLASS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
Open Group Classes:
- Duration – 2 hours per week over 5 weeks
- Total cost: $200
- These classes will be held at a location to be advised
Private Group Classes
- 2 hour per week over 5 weeks
- Total Cost: $200
- Location: These sessions are for groups of friends and/or mother’s groups and are held in a location that is convenient for the group.
- Duration: 1.5 hours per week over 4 weeks
- Total cost: $220
- Location: These sessions are held in the convenience of your own home.
Note: Included in the price of all classes is:
- A bottle of cold pressed high grade organic massage oil
- Instruction folder handouts
- Relevant reading material